Someone needs to send a thank you letter to Bakerella for this one. These are very easy to make, will occupy kids for an afternoon, and taste delicious. Maybe a thank you fruit basket is in order….
* Melt some semi-sweet chocolate, white chocolate or confectionery coating. Let it cool slightly before using. It doesn’t need to be super hot.
* Spoon a small amount on a wax-paper-covered baking sheet.
* Then take one of your prepared balloons and dip it in the chocolate. Dip it in enough so the chocolate makes a bowl shape around the balloon.
* Remove from the chocolate and place the balloon gently on top of the chocolate waiting on the baking sheet.
* You can place the tray of balloon bowls in the refrigerator to speed up the drying time.
* When the chocolate’s cool, pop the balloons with a pin.
* Chill a metal bowl and beaters in the freezer for about 15 minutes (to help whip the cream faster).
* Combine 2 cups heavy cream, 1/2 cup powdered sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
* Beat on medium-low using a mixer until the cream starts to thicken. Then increase speed to medium-high and beat until firm peaks form.