Ah, the Super Bowl. If you’re lucky enough to have your team in the Super Bowl, then the day is filled with excitement and drama. For the rest of us, the day is filled with advertising and food. Here is a simple Taco Dip that won’t send you into cardiac arrest. To cut out saturated fat, use a vegetarian ground beef substitute like Fantasic Taco Filling or Morning Star Ground Beef (frozen). If you’re cutting out fat completely, make the dip without guacamole. You should consider that the fat in avocados is monounsaturated – the kind that lowers cholesterol levels. It’s important to get these good fats in your diet. Now, grab some tortilla chips and enjoy the game!
1. Cook ground beef substitute in a pan per package instructions. If you like a little heat, add in a spicy taco seasoning packet to the pan while cooking.
2. Heat a can of fat free refried beans mixed with a can of diced green chilies and hot sauce to your taste.
3. In an oven safe bowl layer the cooked ground beef substitute on top of the refried bean mixture.
4. Layer grated fat free cheddar cheese on top and bake until melted. (Who are we kidding, we’re all microwaving this thing.)
5. Top with guacamole, fat free sour cream, shredded lettuce, and diced tomatoes.